Friday, April 9, 2010

Purge & Re-Build

Spring has finally arrived!!! And with it, a new beginning.......



A couple of months ago Scott and I decided that since neither one of us were working, we might as well make the most of the free time we have. Since then we have been going through the house, storage buildings and the property and getting rid of TONS, fixing what needs to be fixed and rebuilding or re-organizing what's left. Our first triumph was the babies' room, then on to the rest. It has really felt good to see the accomplishments and to see the improvements as well. At last, we finally have some control over our shattered lives! Maybe, that's why I've enjoyed it so much, me being the control freak that I am.... The great thing though is that with the weather finally cooperating and warming up, we've spent our time from sun-up to sun-down outside. The babies are EXHAUSTED (and Corby too!!) by the time we get them to bed at night and we all have a healthy tan and just feel better all the way around. After months of being shut up in a house, it's been great to get outside again and feel the warmth of the sun on your skin. It's almost like feeling alive once more.

Scott and I have really enjoyed working together, but more so our time with the babies. They are always saying things and doing things that keep us rolling!! One of my favorites was from Tommy. We were walking outside and I was telling Tommy how silly he was. That he was the silliest little boy I've ever known. In his sweet little voice he turned his face up to me and said, "Mommy, do you want to know WHY I'm so silly?" Laughingly I asked why, he said, "It's because when I was a little baby, Big Bubba (Timothy) taught me how to be silly, that's why I'm so silly!" Little did he realize just how true that was!!

Here are some of the pics from our hard-working days....

We took advantage of the last snow day and Scott and Natty replaced my kitchen sink.


You could look at this picture and wonder how many people does it take to put a faucet on a pipe??? Or how many people do you need in order to supervise Scott working.... :)

Tommy and Chipmunk having a blast!



Timmy and Tommy replacing the floor on our new trailer


Tommy and Natty Grace helping Mommy with the wheelbarrow


Big Bubba teaching Princess how to do "thumbs up"


Babies completely exhausted after a hard day of working!!


Even Corby had a hard time keeping up! At one point Corby was climbing out the doggy door and had gotten his head and front paws out before he just passed out!! He didn't even have the energy to crawl all the way through the doggy door!!

No comments:

Post a Comment